Old 24-09-2006, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Leeks

"Peter Donovan"wrote
Hi I have had a wonderful year on my allotment,as regards crops.With only
one failure,namely my leek crop.
I raised from seed 2 varieties,as usual one early and one winter.
Both crops were doing well until recently,When I got a bad attack of Rust,
Likewise there is a small grub burrowing into some of the leeks.(It is not
Onion Fly)
These leeks look tatty as regards foliage but good white stalks underneath
if you watch out for the Grub.
Any advice?

Leek Moth, see ... http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0805/leek_moth.asp

I have sprayed with Derris and I'm sure it had some good effect (but it may
have been wishfull thinking).

--
Regards
Bob H