Old 21-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue

saki wrote:

saki wrote:

Don't forget another superb lavender miniature, Scentsational. The
fragrance is quite profound, very honey-based, and the color a terrific
mid-lavender with bright yellow stamens.

.... From where, D.?

Mine was given to me. But you can get it (HelpMeFind says) from Michael's
Premier Roses, The Uncommon Rose, Tiny Petals, and Nor'East Miniature Roses
(who introduced it).

Thank you. Shall look into it. I want to get a few of Paul Barden's
roses from The Uncommon Rose, anyway, so, I can may be add this to the
order (http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/paulbarden.html). It may have to
wait another year since I have missed the bare-root planting season for
this year, but I will have to think a bit about this. I particularly
want to grow the Gallica Ellen Toffelmire and the Moss, Mel Hulse.
Nightmoss is not too shabby, is it!

Lovely lavender blossoms in exhibition bud form opening to 2 1/2" blooms;
fragrance is quite intoxicating, particularly from a mini. It's as heady as
any full-sized rose, even when only one or two blossoms are open.

Bush habit is also quite nice, about 12-18" tall and spreading 2 feet or
so. I have it growing on the front porch in a 5-gal tub, elevated on a
stand so it can be better seen and enjoyed.

Good suggestion that and very useful, since I am still struggling very
hard to learn to love Miniature roses. Very difficult for me, but the
husband likes them. Go figure.

Along with Yantai it's my favorite mini for use in the landscape. Oh, and
Hoot Owl too.

Heheh. Pushing miniatures, are you? Tell us more about these, if you
please. Thanks.

--
Radika
California