Old 25-09-2006, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Mustard - What is it good for

, I, Marvo, say :

Dobies have given me a free packet of mustard seeds. Now I have
spooned mustard into a ham sandwich once or twice, even cooked with
mustard seeds but what am I supposed to get if I plant these Golden
Streaks seeds? Do I eat it? Am I supposed to make, er, mustard out of
it? And what of the tale of great trees growing from the tiny seeds?
Any advice?

When we were kids (a couple of years ago) we used to grow mustard and cress
on the windowsill. You just cut it all together and put it in egg
sandwiches. Well, we did, anyway. It grows every so quickly so is ideal for
kids :-)

The little seed/big tree thing has always eluded me, because the not only is
the mustard tree not the biggest, the seeds aren't the smallest either! I
suspect that, like much of the bible, you need to understand what was
happening 2000 years ago. See camels and needle eyes for an example.