Old 25-09-2006, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default raspberry bushes

Little Weed writes

The problem has been sorted out for me. I discovered today that the
council has installed a new fence on my (boundary) allotment. I didn't
know anything about it and the redcurrant bushes were chopped out in
the process. They had purely sentimental value, but the roots of one of
the plants were left behind so who knows.

Have you complained to the Council (or your Councillor)? Even if your
bushes shouldn't have been overhanging, they were still yours, and I
would regard it as reasonable for the Council to inform you before
destroying your property.

Don't suppose you'll get anywhere, but it may relieve your feelings.
And it may mean they behave more considerately to other people in the
future.
--
Kay