Old 25-09-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Pond Q

"BoyPete" wrote ...
Fish feeding.
Am I right in thinking that fish won't feed in the dark? I'm rapidly
approaching the time of year when I leave for work in the dark, and arrive
home from work in the dark. This presents a feeding problem. Thoughts??

If I'm awake I can hear my fish clooping (a loud sharp sucking noise) all
night long especially if it's warmish and there is a bit of moon about, so
yes they do feed at night. However when the water temperature gets down
towards 50°F they virtually stop feeding no matter what the light is like.

--
Regards
Bob H