Old 26-09-2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default Winter fiter running

"niram" wrote in message

I hope someone can help me, I am new to pond fish keeping and wondering
if you keep the filter and fountain running all winter. I have read
several books but non say to keep it running. I have kept tropicals
and marines for years now but only dug the pond and stocked it this
year. I live in the North East of England.

I just leave a small pump running to keep the top layer of colder water
moving so an opening stays in the ice should there be a serious freeze.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.