Old 27-09-2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] jimmy_sayavong@yahoo.com is offline

Default Why does my asian pear (20 century) bloom in september?

I purchased an asian pear (20 century) from my local nursery here in
Dallas, TX
area two months ago. I noticed the tree started blooming around early
september,
now (late september) I have observed several little fruits on the tree.
How this happens?
According to the folks at the nursery, plus other internet sources, all
asian pears
including 20-century suppose to start blooming in early sprint?

Now we are about 2 months away from winter, what would happen to those
fruits?
are they going to survive the cold weather?

Thanks in advance for your comments.