Old 27-09-2006, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Late Sowing Lawn Seed

"Phil" wrote in message
oups.com...

Derek Banks wrote:
My lawn has recovered remarkably well from the brown bare state it was in
some two or three months ago. But there are a lot of dead patches that
have not regrown,

I have grass seed but wonder whether late Sept early October is too late
reseed.

Derek Banks

Probably about right according to the conditions - I seeded a new lawn
six weeks ago & I've had to mow it twice now :-(

Consider yourself lucky - we also seeded a new lawn six weeks ago and my
other half has needed to mow it 7 times already. We plan to keep chickens
there next year, so opted for "Sports Grass" thinking it would be more
resilient to abuse, however we didn't anticipate that "Sports Grass"
actually meant it grew fast enough to compete itself in the 100 metre
sprint!
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk