Old 28-09-2006, 01:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
GreenieLeBrun GreenieLeBrun is offline

Default lime tolerant grevillea's ?

robertson wrote:
Hi
does any one know of grevillea's that will cope with a lot of lime stone,
have only 300mm -500mm top soil, then we have a solid limestone plate.
I bring in as much mulch as I can, but we live in Milang SA so also have a
problem with low rain fall. not the ideal place for a gardener.
I use my grey water and lots of natives do survive, not tree's, nothing to
keep them in the ground on a windy day, so need to stick to shrubs.
I really like the native birds in the garden and grevillea's are some of the
nicest shrubs about.
Any idea's
regards Ann

A Google search for "lime tolerant grevilleas" brings up over 800 pages
on the subject, you should be able to find what you need there.