Old 28-09-2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] davidminor03@gmail.com is offline

Default Winter fiter running

You shouldn't keep the pump running. If you are keeping your fish in
the pond you should have a small pump that rests on the bottom of the
pond and has a solid extension reaching to just below the surface of
the water, leave this pump running. This will help keep a hole in the
pond and will allow the toxic gasses that build up escape.

NOTE: your pond should be at least 6 feet.... 2 meters deep to keep the
fish in the pond otherwise you need to bring your fish inside.

Definitive Aquarium, Inc
Custom Installation & Maintenance of Aquarium, Koi Ponds & Water
Features
8014 Olsen Memorial Highway #255
Golden Valley, MN 55427

href="http://definitiveaquarium.com"http://definitiveaquarium.com/a
niram wrote:
I hope someone can help me, I am new to pond fish keeping and wondering
if you keep the filter and fountain running all winter. I have read
several books but non say to keep it running. I have kept tropicals
and marines for years now but only dug the pond and stocked it this
year. I live in the North East of England.

Thanks

--
niram