Old 28-09-2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
DEFINITIVE_AQUARIUM DEFINITIVE_AQUARIUM is offline

Default Washing plastic barrels?

I am going to go ahead and disagree with everyone so far ;-) from my
stand point I would wash them out with the beach and dechlor them
really good. WHY? because what if? what if a little kid already put
bleach in them what if there was copper in them.... endless possabiles.
I would do it just because I wouldnt want to risk my or my customers
fish especially over maybe $10 and some time............. but the
decision is yours

Definitive Aquarium, Inc
Custom Installation & Maintenance of Aquarium, Koi Ponds & Water
Features
8014 Olsen Memorial Highway #255
Golden Valley, MN 55427

href="http://definitiveaquarium.com"http://definitiveaquarium.com/a

Cleokatra wrote:
I bought some barrels for my pond filter. SO how do I wash them to make sure
they are fish safe? They were supposed to be food safe, but who nows.
Although they are the same shape, they did not have the same contents.

I was going to Pressure Wash them, soak in water and bleach, (2 days), add
baking soda for a bit and wash again. Perhaps with a does of dechlorinator.

Any other thoughts?