Old 28-09-2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
2pods 2pods is offline

Default newplants/ols plants

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article , 2pods wrote:
Hi all

I've upped my 400l tank's puny 2x36w lighting to 4x36 (with new
reflectors.
Couldn't get the tarnish off the old ones, oh well !).
New plants have arrived today.

So, do I remove the old ones with "some" algae on them, or keep them and
hope with more light, "Flourish", "Excel", and the new plants, the algae
on
them will improve ?

If the only thing you're doing is adding more light you're likely to
have more algae not less.

Change water to shock the algae - it hates change.

Fertilize properly.

Use excel. While not officially an algicide it does hurt
algae very very badly usually to the point of death.

But the plants Richard, Dump or not dump ?
;-)

Peter