Old 28-09-2006, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
2pods 2pods is offline

Default newplants/old plants

If the only thing you're doing is adding more light you're likely to
have more algae not less.

Change water to shock the algae - it hates change.

Fertilize properly.

Use excel. While not officially an algicide it does hurt
algae very very badly usually to the point of death.

But the plants Richard, Dump or not dump ?
;-)

Right, I've dumped the worst of the old plants.

Currently I'm dosing using Seachem's recommended dosage
i.e. Flourish twice a week and Excel 2 capfuls (for 400l) daily.
25% water change weekly.

Is this enough to keep the algae down ?

Peter