Old 28-09-2006, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Reducing height of Cordylines and Yuccas

Chris wrote:
I have a Cordyline Australis and a Yucca in a large, netted outdoor
aviary. Both have grown over 8 foot tall and the top leaves are now
penetrating the roof netting. Is there any way of safely shortening
them? If not, what are my chances of digging them out and replanting
them outside of the aviary, successfully? The Cordyline is producing
another head of leaves from the base, what should one do with these?
Leave them, remove them, or is it possible to remove them as a
separate plant and grow it on independently? Thanks.

Just chop off the top of the cordyline to whaterver height you like!

I think but am not sure the same applies to the yucca.

pk