Old 28-09-2006, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default our baby snake

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "John Burke" contains these words:

shazzbat wrote:
I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake
on our allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

If you don't mind me ask, but how have you identified it as a grass
snake?

Look just behind its head (before it dives under the log) and you can
spot the lighter coloured "collar". It's the only British snake which
has one (and slow-worms don't either, not that they are snakes but
YKWIM)

Thanks Janet. I don't know why, but I didn't see John's post until you
responded.
The clip lost a lot of its resolution in uploading to you tube, if you want
it clearer I can email it, it's 2.18 Mb.
Steve