Old 27-09-2006, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default our baby snake

I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake on our
allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

I know the photography isn't great, but I was holding up the sheet of metal
with one hand, and pointing the camera with the other. That's my excuse
anyway.

And thanks to Bob for identifying it when it was just a still.

Steve

Old 27-09-2006, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Steve wrote
I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake on our
allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

I know the photography isn't great, but I was holding up the sheet of
metal with one hand, and pointing the camera with the other. That's my
excuse anyway.

And thanks to Bob for identifying it when it was just a still.

They do hibernate and also lay eggs in nice warm compost heaps so please
take care when mucking about with yours, I know you wouldn't want to damage
one.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 27-09-2006, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake on our
allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

I know the photography isn't great, but I was holding up the sheet of
metal with one hand, and pointing the camera with the other. That's my
excuse anyway.

And thanks to Bob for identifying it when it was just a still.

Steve

Since moving from Nottingham to Normandy we keep discovering lots of new
creatures. The other day I discovered a black and yellow salamander trapped
in the chicken wire around the veg plot. (Photo on our blog). There are also
lots more colourful butterflies and moths here too. That strip of water
between the South of England and the North of France seems to make quite a
division in some ways regarding wildlife.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk

Old 27-09-2006, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake
on our allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

If you don't mind me ask, but how have you identified it as a grass snake?

Old 28-09-2006, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "John Burke" contains these words:

shazzbat wrote:
I've just put my first video on you Tube. It's the baby grass snake
on our allotment, and you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX01bUOltFU

If you don't mind me ask, but how have you identified it as a grass
snake?

Look just behind its head (before it dives under the log) and you can
spot the lighter coloured "collar". It's the only British snake which
has one (and slow-worms don't either, not that they are snakes but
YKWIM)

Thanks Janet. I don't know why, but I didn't see John's post until you
responded.
The clip lost a lot of its resolution in uploading to you tube, if you want
it clearer I can email it, it's 2.18 Mb.
Steve

white snake - white snake.jpg Persephone Garden Photos 1 26-04-2007 10:54 PM
baby snake shazzbat United Kingdom 4 27-06-2006 08:30 PM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 09:11 AM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 02:02 PM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 02:56 AM