Old 29-09-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller Treedweller is offline

Default Need help on starting a tree growing nursery

On 24 Sep 2006 08:39:09 -0700, "Mehrzad"
wrote:

I am retiring this year and hope to start my life long dream of growing
trees. I have a 5 acre property in North Phoenix with water. While I
am not expecting to get rich doing this, I hope I do not loose my
saving and have a moderate income.

I have no experience and I need to learn fast. Could anyone guide me
to some websites, groups... Or even if there are professional
consulting..

thanks

Step 1: get some experience. If you don't know what you're doing,
what makes you think you can make a successful business? I suggest
taking a job with a nursery and seeing things from the inside.

Many, many businesses fail within a year or two. The ones that
succeed do their homework. And get a little bit lucky. And plan to
lose money for awhile until they get things off the ground (no pun
intended). Since you are dealing with a product that takes years to
reach market, you may be looking at a longer window before seeing any
sort of profit.