Old 30-09-2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Agway fertilizer and Scotts broadcast spreader - what setting???

"Gideon" expounded:

If the original poster is 100% convinced that the world as we know
it will end if anything other than organic fertilizer is used, then he is
free to ignore much of the rest of my post. But, I have "converted"
many folks to switch from organic to the much more reliable and
easy Scotts. Ground water is still fine, the children don't have extra
extremities, the wildlife is thriving fine, and the predicted end of the
world hasn't arrived.

And I have converted many more to organic, because of the lack of
growth spurt (and all the subsequent mowing), the wonderful green and
abundant root growth provided by the totally reliable organic
fertilizer I use only twice a year, no four-step program necessary.
All that wonderful grass growth without the chemicals to worry about
at all. Why switch to Scotts? Oh, that's right, we're growing
sharholders here, not grass.

You rather remind me of John Riley from Oz who was an ardent defender
of anything chemical.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts