Old 30-09-2006, 04:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jon Shemitz Jon Shemitz is offline

Default Hot Peppers

John wrote:

I have a lot of hot peppers (habenero, Thai and Cayenne) that are still
green. We should be getting a frost very soon..in the next few days. Can I
just pick all of them and use them green or is there a way to get them to
ripen up after being picked? Either way they will probably make a good
sauce.

Green peppers are edible - bell peppers, serranos, and the long, New
Mexican style peppers are commonly sold red or green. They may not be
at full heat, and they'll certainly lack full flavor (and the
corresponding flavonoids and other anti-oxidants) but you should be
able to pick and freeze them, or use them in a big batch of salsa. Try
one or two today ...

--

..NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers www.midnightbeach.com/.net
Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn Great reviews & good sales.