Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lionel Lionel is offline

Default Whats the best way of getting rid of Yarrow from lawn ??

pcplod wrote in message ...
Whats the best way of getting rid of Yarrow from lawn ??

I've tried a few chemicals but none seem to touch it.

Yarrow - Achillea millefolium. A strongly scented plant of the daisy
family.

I wish my small lawn had masses of yarrow in it: then I'd get rid of the
grass.

Have you noticed that the more you cut yarrow with the lawn mower, the
smaller become its fern like leaves?

Have you also noticed that no matter how brown the grass becomes in a
drought, the yarrow stays green?

Get rid of the grass is my advice!

Lionel