Old 22-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Snooze

Default Traffic trampling on our Lawn

It wasn't clear from your if it was you or your neighbors driving over your
lawn. If it's you, then guess you guys just have to learn how drive
carefully. If it's your neighbors, then ask nicely if they could be careful
about not driving onto the lawn.

If that fails..it's amazing how a large immovable object magically improves
the driving ability of people who previously couldn't avoid driving. Start
with going to home depot, kmart or whatever and getting one of those
reflectors on a white plastic rod.

If that fails to discourage the drivers, you can temporarily just use a
fence post, which can later be dug out if the driving habits of others
suddenly improves.

"Jan" wrote in message
om...
Our house is on the corner lot and around our fence/lawn is the drive
way in the back and on the side. We have noticed that the cars while
going on the driveway are invariably trampling on our lawn. We have
notified our builder and he said he couldn't do anything as it is not
under warranty (we just moved into our new home 2 months ago) but
suggested that he could put a boulder on the lawn for $75.

Is this kind of problem not really under warranty? Is his suggestion
good to follow? Otherwise what can we do ourselves (wise and cheaper)
about it?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Jan
Texas