Old 22-03-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

Default Young tomato plants

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:26:38 GMT, Pam wrote:

If you are in zone 7a (from a previous post), you've got longer than a
week before you can safely put tomatoes outside. Is your greenhouse
heated? They may even be too cold in that . I can't imagine too many parts
of the country outside of the extreme southwest that can plant tomatoes
out in March..........I'm in zone 8 and we don't even consider it until
Mother's Day..........

pam - gardengal

I know, i know, i have been trying to jump the gun for a month. Thanks
for putting me in my place. Yes, i have a week or more, you are
correct. This "greenhouse" is a small shelf unit with a zippered
plastic cover. Everything but the tomatoes like it. My cantalopes are
vining and my clematis is going to be all tangled if i don't do
something.

I have a week and you have til Mother's Day. Something is wrong with
that.

I took my tomato plants out and potted in individual pots. I had a
weak extra and palnted it in the flower bed just for giggles. I gave
them 2 hrs of sun, watered well, and they look fine now. I will take
them out every day (not in the greenhouse) until i can plant in the
ground. I think they really like fresh air. Live and learn i always
say!

jammer