Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Wow, this Phal is just amazing

I have this as well. It's incredibly hardy. It nearly got fried once, but
after I put it in a basket with some spag it came roaring back. Blooms last
a long, long time.

Diana

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello again!

The longest was about 9 months !

Claude

"J Fortuna" a écrit dans le message de
news: g9ITg.2025$3T2.1394@trnddc06...
Claude,
How long would your Phal Baldan's Kaleidoscope flower for usually?
Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello Joanna!

I also have a Phal Baldan`s kaleidoscope and it was a reliable
bloomer..... I`m using was because it`s recovering now from a roots rot
..... but doing fine....

Claude

"J Fortuna" a écrit dans le message de
news: lRETg.1508$3T2.921@trnddc06...
I just noticed a new spike on a Phal, which wouldn't be anything
unusual, except ...

This Phal (Phal Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure' AM/AOS) was
bought at a Safeway grocery store on 9/19/2005 in flower on two spikes.
Up until very recently both spikes continued to be in bloom, but now
only one of them has two flowers left after more than a year of
uninterrupted blooming season. This phal is in a transparent pot, so I
can tell that it's root system looks good; furthermore it has nine
healthy leaves including one fairly new one -- so it is a healthy
plant. During this one year that I have had it (and that it has been in
bloom), it has needed to be watered only 12 times, so roughly once a
month watering -- that's about as low maintenance as it gets, right?

And now this Phal has a new spike just starting. It's current flowers
are not going to last much longer, so it will not be in bloom without
any break, but still. Wow!

Does anyone else here have a Phal Baldan's Kaleidoscope? Is it in
general a hybrid that has an exceedingly long lasting blooming season?
or is that a trait that is specific to individual plants?

Joanna