Old 02-10-2006, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Rose recommendations

"Sacha" wrote
I may be asking for the moon but I'd be grateful for suggestions for a
climbing or rambling rose to go up the front of our house. We've just
removed a poorly flowering Wisteria. I'd like a disease resistant,
strongly
fragrant, repeat flowering vigorous climber or rambler. Any ideas? Ray &
Matthew are very wary about roses in this part of the country because our
mild, damp climate seems to give too many rose diseases their head!

Poorly flowering Wisteria? I can't remember, is it a North facing wall then?
Or in shade? :-)
If so it might have some bearing on what rose you can plant.

--
Regards
Bob H