Old 03-10-2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Deer

risky wrote:
Any tricks, sprays, etc. other than shooting them or fencing them out. I
can't keep them out of my flower beds and stop them from eating my shrubs.

Netting works. You can either install as a fence, lay over vegetation
or in front of vegetation.
Deer don't like to mess with it. Apparently laying in front of a
flower bed will keep them away as hooves could get them tangled up.
I'm trying over an ivy bed and bed seems to be prospering. Deer are
browsers, just walking around like yard is a salad bar. Winter is
toughest time as they run out of things to eat and may have to get at
plants where annoying netting is in place.
Frank