Old 03-10-2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Flowers to plant in October?

On 2 Oct 2006 19:43:46 -0700, "Mel" wrote:

Are there any flowers I could plant now (3 October) that would survive
and look moderately pretty in a few months?

I live near Atlanta. The flowers would be in a big pot that would be
in a screened-in porch on the south side of the house. They'd have at
least a few hours of sun each day. Temps will occasionally get below
freezing in December and January, so I could bring them inside on those
days, if necessary.

Thanks for any info,

Mel

A lot.

Torenia
pansies
allysum
mums
ornamental kale
petunias

I just planted my wildflower seeds a week ago. I planted California
poppies, bluebonnets, larkspur, nigella and others. These come up
every spring, but I still collect seed and put it out in the fall for
spring.