Old 03-10-2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Deer

I was plagued by a horde of squirrel.... I shot one and made a
little
gallows, and hung him prominiently from it in the middle of the
garden.

I am no longer plagued by squirrel. They don't even come near my
garden..

I think it might work for deer.... You will need a bigger gallows,
tho..

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Andy, your post got me thinking. I've been wondering how a deer's
jawbone got under my chestnut tree:

http://www.dol.net/~frank.logullo/jawbone.jpg

This time of year, the deer, squirrels and I are in competition for my
chestnut crop and as chestnuts started to drop I found the jawbone. I
believe it might have come from a dead fawn that my neighbor, maybe 200
yards away, found in his yard a few months ago. He just dumped it in
the woods in back of his lot.

It is obvious to me now that the squirrels put it under my chestnut
tree to scare the deer.
Well it did not work - you can see what I posed the jawbone next too
under the chestnut tree

Frank