Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Deer

AndyS wrote:
Frank wrote: It is obvious to me now that the squirrels put it under
my chestnut
tree to scare the deer.
Well it did not work - you can see what I posed the jawbone next too
under the chestnut tree

Frank

Andy writes:

Well, Frank, if it is the jawbone of a female deer, you could be
mistaken. They don't stop moving until a very long time after the
animal dies, and it could have worked it's way onto your place....
If it was the jawbone of a buck, you are probly right...They
don't talk much......

:)))) Andy in
Eureka, Texas

Deer driving me nuts. Went after chestnuts about a half hour before
sunset last night and had to chase 5 of them away - 2 does and 3 fawns.
Wondering about my original comment in thread about netting. The
biggest doe just bounded through it. Maybe will stop them form eating
it.

I hunt deer and it does not surprise me to find bones scattered. Lost
a wounded buck during muzzleloader season and a month later during
shotgun season, was finding bones on way to my stand. Finally found
most of skelton about 400 yards from stand,

What is weird about this jawbone is that both bones were found
together. Had to be the squirrels.

Frank