Old 06-10-2006, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc bobc is offline

Default Paph flowering

Howdy neighbors!
I have a noID paph that is really, really, really slow developing its
flower. The spike first started growing in July and is still not near
opening.
It is growing though. The plant itself ... the leaves are green, with
barely discernible mottling. I don't know if the mottling is so faint
from culture or genetics. The stem is dark reddish and pubescent. I'm
guessing it might be a vini-coloured Maudiae, judging by what I can see
of the flower bud.
Is it 'normal' for some paphs to develop so slowly? Does it have
something to do with the color? I have a green and white Maudiae type
that develops much faster.
Thanks in advance!
I Hope this note finds each of you in good health and Spirit. Our
sixth grandchild was born a few weeks ago, healthy and cute as a
button!
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa - also getting ready to bloom is Slc (Lc
Jungle Elf x Soph cernua), and Pths 'groybii' is just about finished.