Old 22-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Default Young tomato plants

jammer wrote:

Do they dislike greenhouse situations and need moving air by chance?
My 12 are about 5 inches high with lots of leaves. They have been in
the mini greenhouse with the melons, clematis, and water iris. The
tomatoes do not need water but the leaves are curling. Today was a
crappy day (cold and windy and cloudy) but i will be able to give them
fresh air every day until they get put in the ground now. Just not
nights. Oh yeah, and they are still in the plastic packs they came in,
should i transplant to bigger pots? I have over a week til i can
plant.

For now, repot them in milk cartons. Deep, up to their last set of leaves.
They'll develop a nice set of feeder roots along the stems, which by
now must look quite leggy.