Old 04-10-2006, 02:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] brucef@eudoramail.com is offline

Default Grey water on gardens

Clinton M James wrote:
Not sure what has already been said, but I would not use grey water on any
natives.

Soap detergents have phosphates in them, phosphates harm a lot of our native
plants, therefore if you have natives (which we should all have over those
crappy foreign "exotic" things) you may find they kark it.

Almost all the plants in our garden are either edible, scented or
decidous. Ideally a combination of the above :-) Itis very hard to
meet these criteria with a native garden, and I don't suffer any
major guilt episodes over our terraformed backyard.

But no, natives won't like the phosphates. The banksias that
are native to our area are particularly prone to fertiliser poisoning.