Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Rose recommendations

On 3/10/06 01:28, in article
ws.net, "Sue"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
I may be asking for the moon but I'd be grateful for suggestions for a
climbing or rambling rose to go up the front of our house. We've just
removed a poorly flowering Wisteria. I'd like a disease resistant,
strongly fragrant, repeat flowering vigorous climber or rambler. Any
ideas? Ray & Matthew are very wary about roses in this part of the
country because our mild, damp climate seems to give too many rose
diseases their head!

A few ideas he www.beechesnursery.co.uk/roses/climb.htm

Climbing 'Etoile de Hollande' sounds as if it ought to be wonderful -
velvety red with a rich fragrance. I want one!

That does sound gorgeous. I'll check out disease resistance. Thanks, Sue.

Or maybe 'Compassion' or 'Shot Silk Climbing'.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk