Old 03-10-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

Default cucumber relish

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

snip

I must add that I didn't make this in the agricultural quantities

suggested,
I downsized it to a portion-for-hungry-Marvo size :-)

You'll regret it :-) You can never have enough.
As you know by now, the most boring, time-consuming part is squeezing out
the cucumber. We have been doing it by hand and once you've done about 50kg
you start to look at alternatives. My brainwave was one of those electric
stand-alone clothes spinner thingies that one used to see around. I
suggested this to my SO and he just looked at me as though I had completely
lost the plot. I suggested filling an clean pillowcase with the cucumber
"mash" and placing in the spinner thingie. I thought it was a great idea.
He thought that 2-3000 rpm might be a tad extreme :-). Funnily enough, he
now does the squeezing (of the cucumbers).

Liz