Old 03-10-2006, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cucumber relish

I was sure somebody called Liz sent a recipe for this on this ng but I can't
find it anywhere.

If you're here, Liz, can you reply please?

Mary

Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
I was sure somebody called Liz sent a recipe for this on this ng but I

can't
find it anywhere.

If you're here, Liz, can you reply please?

Hi Mary,

I'm here...I probably shouldn't be, but I am :-)

Liz

Old 03-10-2006, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Liz" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
I was sure somebody called Liz sent a recipe for this on this ng but I

can't
find it anywhere.

If you're here, Liz, can you reply please?

Hi Mary,

I'm here...I probably shouldn't be, but I am :-)

Liz

Ah, good!

I wanted to tell you that I'm in the middle of making it - I like your
instructions and hope that all the work is worthwhile!

Thank you :-)

If you could contact me off group I'd appreciate it - but it's not
essential.

Mary

Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:25:27 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

I was sure somebody called Liz sent a recipe for this on this ng but I can't
find it anywhere.

I'm not Liz, but it was posted under the subject Potato Crop (Sweet Cucumber
Relish) on 7th September. Link he

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk..../thread/a78a65
89bb9169b7/8bd75ef726185df5?lnk=gst&q=cucumber&rnum=1#8bd75ef 726185df5

Or if your newsreader can't cope with the line wrap, try

http://tinyurl.com/g76oq

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 03-10-2006, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

"Liz" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
I was sure somebody called Liz sent a recipe for this on this ng but I

can't
find it anywhere.

If you're here, Liz, can you reply please?

Hi Mary,

I'm here...I probably shouldn't be, but I am :-)

Liz

Ah, good!

I wanted to tell you that I'm in the middle of making it - I like your
instructions and hope that all the work is worthwhile!

Me too, picked another 13kg the other day so a batch is in the process of
being processed as I type.
It is most definitely worthwhile. Unfortunately (?) everyone I have given a
jar of the stuff to has come back for more. Some even went back to Germany.
The green tomato version has also gone down a storm.
I'm sitting here with a Tiger bread sandwich with locally cured honeyroast
ham, mayonnaise and cucumber relish and a bowl of Sungold tomatoes. Yum!

Thank you :-)

A pleasure.

If you could contact me off group I'd appreciate it - but it's not
essential.

Will do.

Liz
PS I'm still waiting to hear how Uncle Marvo got on with his batch.......

Old 03-10-2006, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

"Liz" wrote in message

[...]

It was tops. Very remiss of me not to report back, I recommend it to anyone.
I did multiwash them though :-)

Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

"Liz" wrote in message

[...]

I must add that I didn't make this in the agricultural quantities suggested,
I downsized it to a portion-for-hungry-Marvo size :-)

Old 03-10-2006, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

snip

PS I'm still waiting to hear how Uncle Marvo got on with his
batch.......

It was tops. Very remiss of me not to report back, I recommend it to

anyone.
I did multiwash them though :-)

Forgiven, thought maybe you'd hated it and was far too polite to report back
:-)

Liz

Old 03-10-2006, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

snip

PS I'm still waiting to hear how Uncle Marvo got on with his
batch.......

It was tops. Very remiss of me not to report back, I recommend it to
anyone. I did multiwash them though :-)

Forgiven, thought maybe you'd hated it and was far too polite to
report back :-)

You'll get to know me. If I hated it I would have said. I hate couscous and
quorn. And warm salad. It's Lloyd Grossman's fault, that irritating accent
he puts on ...

Old 03-10-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

snip

I must add that I didn't make this in the agricultural quantities

suggested,
I downsized it to a portion-for-hungry-Marvo size :-)

You'll regret it :-) You can never have enough.
As you know by now, the most boring, time-consuming part is squeezing out
the cucumber. We have been doing it by hand and once you've done about 50kg
you start to look at alternatives. My brainwave was one of those electric
stand-alone clothes spinner thingies that one used to see around. I
suggested this to my SO and he just looked at me as though I had completely
lost the plot. I suggested filling an clean pillowcase with the cucumber
"mash" and placing in the spinner thingie. I thought it was a great idea.
He thought that 2-3000 rpm might be a tad extreme :-). Funnily enough, he
now does the squeezing (of the cucumbers).

Liz

Old 03-10-2006, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

You'll get to know me. If I hated it I would have said. I hate couscous
and quorn. And warm salad. It's Lloyd Grossman's fault, that irritating
accent he puts on ...

Why do you think he puts it on? Do you put on yours?

Mary