Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Apple Days in Devon

In article , Sacha
writes
There will be an Apple Day on Sunday October 15th at the RHS garden,
Rosemoor.

Up here, a local(ish) nursery Bernwode, maintains a database of over
13,000 distinct apple varieties and sells about 300 varieties of apple,
as well as other types of fruit tree.

Waterperry have one which is on 14th October 2006 - 15th October 2006
Their bumph says

"Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy our celebration of the English
apple. There will be a display of up to 50 different apple varieties
grown at Waterperry. Taste our Apples and up to 15 Apple Juice
varieties. Expert advice will be available on growing fruit trees and
identification of apples from your garden.
Local produce, vegetables, jams, ice-cream, bread and much more will
also be available to taste and buy.
Special apple orientated menu in the Pear Tree tea shop see below
Fun for the children, dancing from Long Crendon Morris men"

They have special apple and [ear menus in the cafe and so on.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph