Old 05-10-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Adam is offline

Default Newbie...Honey Fungus & Edible gardening

"scoops" wrote in message

However, I think I have just discovered honey fungus growing on one of
my very old lilac trees at the top end of the garden. While at the
other end, are smaller mushrooms growing in a patch where I dug a tree
stump out.

If it is honey fungus, then you can eat the honey fungus. It's delicious.

Just make absolutely sure you are 100% certain about the identification
though, as eating the wrong type of mushrooms can have VERY serious
consequences. Also, you need to make sure you cook it properly, as it's not
good to eat raw. Have a look at some of Antionio Carluccio's books for more
on this sort of thing.

Adam