Old 06-10-2006, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Eleagnus ebbingei

On 6/10/06 15:30, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Ray has just brought a pot of this into the house and oh! the wonderful
scent. I recommend it to anyone looking for evergreen and scented.

Isn't it? The first time I smelled it I couldn't work out where the
wonderful smell was coming from (minute, insignificant, concealed
flowers). It's planted by a rail station I use and just floods the area
with scent.

Just like Sarcococca - this otherwise not very exciting-looking shrub has
the tiniest flowers but the most fabulous scent.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk