Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Rufus

Default Chilli Seeds

I have tried saving seeds from shop bought hot peppers and have had moderate
success growing them up to the green stage. However, over the years, I have
found that to ripen the really hot chillies successfully, they MUST have
warmth and lots of it. A greenhouse or a south facing windowsill is ideal
for the best results. Thompson & Morgan 2003 seed catalogue has at least ten
hot peppers and a good selection of mild, sweet varieties. Choose a variety
that will do well in lower temperatures but still give you some heat when
cooked. Try T&M's Hero F1. Hybrid.

Best of luck,
Rufus
"Charlie" wrote in a message:
I have a strange urge to grow Chilli's. Are they suitable for growing

here in Essex?
The other thing is, I can't seem to find seeds for them. Could I remove

the
seeds from a shop bought chilli and plant them?