Old 07-10-2006, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Blackberry question

On 6 Oct 2006 19:41:41 -0700, wrote:

I have in the yard of my new house a plant that I've been told might be
a black berry bush, fast growing thorny vines and plain green leaves.
But there are no berries. If it is such a plant, is there something I
can or should do to help it sprout berries? It's been 5 months now, and
of course the season is probably over now, but I'm wondering why there
were no berries all summer. Could it be something else?

It could be something else, but if it is blackberry,
I believe blackberry fruits on old canes. If it was cut back last
year it will produce fruit next year, unless you cut off all the old
canes again this year.

Regards,

Hal