Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
steve Snider

Default chamomile lawn

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:06:36 +0000, Hussein M.
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:27:39 -0000, "Warwick Dumas"
wrotc:

Also, has anyone any practical experience of using it as a lawn - I
was wondering how practical it really was, it wouldn't be heavily used
(we won't be playing 5 a side football on it!), just the odd day
lounging in the sun on it.

No, haven't got there yet.

Ho hum. I believe I have a Chamaemelum nobile and it is quite the
most untidy plant in the garden. Sure it stays low - but that is only
because the flowers are borne on such long and lax stems that the
plant can't lift itself off the floor where it sprawls drunkenly and
seemingly not such a good weed suppressant. It has it's charm for me
by adding a touch of chaos to the upright architectural stuff. That,
mind you is the description of my one plant and doesn't make allowance
for many planted in a sward.

I have searched Google for mention of A. trenegue but can't find
reference to it let alone a picture (looked under 'Chamaemelum' too).

The name is familiar to me though - precisely for the reason someone
has mentioned - that it is the best for lawns.

Hussein

Grow a little garden

The advantage of Trenegue (so I've read somewhere) is that becuase
there are no flowers then it avoids the "untidiness" problem of
chamomile nobile as there are no long flower stems which, of course,
also means that you don't have to worry about mowing/clipping as it
never gets tall enough. Sounds like my type of lawn!

Steve.