Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Beachcomber

Default can I plant now?

Sorry I don't agree with reading the seed packets, you must see what the
weather is like. The ground here, even in Plymouth is too cold for many
small seeds I think. Best to wait until the annual weeds start to germinate.
I have put sprouts and leeks in pots but not out in the ground. If you put
things in too early you often need to do it again. You pays your money and
takes your choice

Martin Sykes wrote:
: "shannie" wrote in message
: ...
:: by night. What I want to know is, can I safely plant the likes of
:: peas, lettuce, onion seeds, cabbage seeds etc now or would it be
:: pertinent to wait a week or so longer? It's such wonderful weather I
:: just want to be out sowing, I just know if I wait I'll be out in the
:: rain again
:
: Easiest advice is to read the seed packets. I've got two varieties of
: lettuce, spring onions and peas in at the moment. Had a couple of
: frosts since with no ill effect.
:
: Martin