Old 08-10-2006, 04:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
kenv kenv is offline

Default Blackberry question

If it is the Himalayan variety get rid of it as soon as possible. Usually
the only way to kill them is roundup in mid July.

They are a major invasive weed. You are better off buying blackberries in
the grocery store. If you nuture it, the plant will spread and pop up in
the most unlikely and unwanted places. It is proably the most obnoxious
plant on the planet.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have in the yard of my new house a plant that I've been told might be
a black berry bush, fast growing thorny vines and plain green leaves.
But there are no berries. If it is such a plant, is there something I
can or should do to help it sprout berries? It's been 5 months now, and
of course the season is probably over now, but I'm wondering why there
were no berries all summer. Could it be something else?