Old 08-10-2006, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Vitex

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 8/10/06 10:41, in article ,
"Kate
Morgan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
snip info

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants....x+agnus-castus

I was admiring this lovely plant on a display by Priory Maze and Gardens
at a recent garden show. The chap on the stand assured me it ought to be
hardy on my light soil in a sunny spot. Then we saw one still flowering
away in Hillier's Gardens while we were down in Hampshire last weekend.

Thank you Sacha and Sue for your interest. sorry I have been so long in
answering, p.c. gremlins, that is why I did not do my own research.
Happy to have all that information, it is a lovely plant and still
flowering here in Gloucestershire, I think I might have to go and buy
another one or two, I like planting in threes :-)

Or 5s or 7s or 9s. ;-) Things always seem to look more interesting when
planted in odd numbers. I don't know why that should be but it's the same
with flower arranging where that's one of the golden rules. And I agree
that it's a lovely plant.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sue please remember Sacha comes with a "Wealth" warning:-)
She failed to mention one is an odd number. Buy one and split it--no point
making Sacha & Co too wealthy:-)