Old 08-10-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Help with Japanese maple.

"Scooter the Mighty" wrote in message
oups.com
I've been wanting a Golden Full Moon maple for a while now, and
yesterday I picked up one for very cheap because it's sick.
I'm
hoping to be able to pull it through.

About 2/3rds of the leaves have turned brown and dried up. The
remaining leaves are also turning brown and drying. Some of
this
may be due to it being fall, but the leaves haven't really
turned
color, they're either green or brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I repot it?

Plant it in the ground where it will only get dappled sun.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5