Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Booze and compost

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from "a.c." contains these words:

I've been asked if it's ok to chuck the contents of old (alcoholic)
drinks into the compost bin.
I haven't a clue.
Not sure why not down the plug... but there you have it. It's old beer,
wine, cinzano and fiero.. not sure if stronger stuff is included. Or
if it makes any difference.

I can't see what harm it would do to a compost heap but what a waste
of good booze! I'd save it for cooking with. Add to beef casseroles,
steak pie, spaghetti bolognese etc..

Janet

beer does well in pizza dough or damper or in a batter for fish.

rob