Old 09-10-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Styles Chris Styles is offline

Default Where to plant a Salix Integra "Hakuro-nishiki"

Hi,

I've bought a Salix to plant in our front garden (about 5~6m from the front
of the house), and a colleague has said that Salix are part of the Willow
family and should not be planted near buildings. I've Had a good Google and
I cant find anything about planting the Salix away from buildings.

If it makes any difference, the Salix in question is about 2m tall, and has
been "topiarised" so that the leaves form a 1m diameter ball at the top of a
thin trunk.

Can anyone advise?

thanks

Chris