Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Lighting

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:43:30 GMT in mLwWg.6026$K11.1132@trndny07 Andie Z wrote:
I'm looking for a way to suppliment my plants with lighting during the day
this winter. Are halogen lights, like shop lights on a stand, sufficient.
The plants are near or in windows, but I have too many plant and not enough
windows.

Halogen lights may not give you the most light for energy used and will
tend to warm the room a bit.
You also don't mention what you're growing.

I have no problem reblooming oncids and phrags under 4 4' T12 tubes. over
a 2'x4' area.
I've yet to rebloom a dendrobium in those conditions tho'.

Andie Z

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up