Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Jon

Default Chilli Seeds

I agree also with the GH idea. However, a word of warning. My wife
successfully grew 15 or 20 plants from shop bought seeds on the window sill.
10 days ago I planted them out into the green house at 12 to 18 inches tall.
Three nights of frost and they are looking sad:-) I hope for their sake (and
mine) they stand it and recover.
Jonny
Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote in message ...
In message , Rufus
writes
I have tried saving seeds from shop bought hot peppers and have had

moderate
success growing them up to the green stage. However, over the years, I

have
found that to ripen the really hot chillies successfully, they MUST have
warmth and lots of it. A greenhouse or a south facing windowsill is ideal
for the best results.

I agree, we grow ours in the GH.