Old 09-10-2006, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Spring has sprung?!

"shazzbat" wrote
Check your strawberries. I cut mine down to almost nothing like the
geezer on the TV said, and as was discussed in here 3-4 weeks ago, and
now I've got several plants flowering/fruiting. I picked a strawberry
yesterday, it was normal sized and 90% ripe. If we don't get a frost
first, I expect several more.

I noticed yesterday there was another lot of fruit on the alpine
strawberries I chopped back a few weeks ago, and there are still some
runner beans which makes up for their poor start.

Over the weekend I read an article about there being hawthorn
blossom along with the haws this year. Presumably the dry spell has
thrown everything out of kilter, as lots of plants seem to be having a
renewed burst of flowering since the rains.

--
Sue