Old 09-10-2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stu[_3_] Stu[_3_] is offline

Default Where to plant a Salix Integra "Hakuro-nishiki"

from my experience with them they are very thirsty like most willows and
that variety in particular is prone to wind damage as it has very delicate
foliage

"Chris Styles" wrote in message
Hi,

I've bought a Salix to plant in our front garden (about 5~6m from the
front of the house), and a colleague has said that Salix are part of the
Willow family and should not be planted near buildings. I've Had a good
Google and I cant find anything about planting the Salix away from
buildings.

If it makes any difference, the Salix in question is about 2m tall, and
has been "topiarised" so that the leaves form a 1m diameter ball at the
top of a thin trunk.

Can anyone advise?

thanks

Chris